Me

Me
Better late than never, completed my MS at Boston University

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What so clear about Clear Channel?



What so clear about Clear Channel?

I’m honestly trying to avoid partisan politics on this blog because (1.) there’s way too much political venom elsewhere and (2.) others sink their fangs in far better than I do.

But from time-to-time I can’t help myself.   While every news outlet has piled on Rush Limbaugh, and rightly so; and advertisers have deserted him like he has a touch of Ebola, his syndicators have been singularly silent.   Are Clear Channel Communications and its subsidiary Premier Radio Networks putting ratings ahead of common decency?   Come on guys, show some guts and denounce your star, even if he brings you a pile of cash.    Other outlets have repudiated their errant stars, (Imus and Keith Olbermann come to mind immediately), even if they too were cash cows.

Thinking maybe I missed some apology or knuckle rap from Clear Channel I looked over their most recent news releases (see below).   As I suspected, not a peep.

Clear Channel Press Releases

2.29.2012
Outdoor

02.29.2012
MediaAndEntertainment

02.28.2012
Outdoor

02.27.2012
MediaAndEntertainment

02.24.2012
Corporate

Premiere Radio Networks Press Releases

                  Wednesday, February 29th 2012
FOX Sports Radio To Simulcast "UFC on FX: Fight Night" This Friday




No comments:

Post a Comment